Coaches for 2017-18 have the following requirements to complete PRIOR TO participating with their team:
- USA Hockey Registration Submit your USA Hockey Coaches Registration receipt to the WYHA Registration Box at PIC
- MN Hockey Screening: MNHockeyScreening (we are in MN District 3); approved screening is currently good for 2 seasons.
- Current SafeSport Training Certification: USA Hockey SafeSport page for details, and to begin your training. If your original certification has expired-- it's good for 2 seasons-- you will need to complete the refresher course.
Age Specific Module completed for EACH playing level you will be coaching. OnlineAgeSpecificModules
- Concussion Certification Training: NEW for 2017-18, training can be completed online through the Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html **Training received from other sports will satisfy the training required for this certification; you will need to provide a copy of your concussion certification to WYHA Registration Box before team rostering (this certification is good for ONE year only). The CDC program has been having technical difficulties lately, try the course offered by the National Federation of State High School Associations: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61064/concussion-in-sports
- Coaching CEP certifications should be completed no later than Dec 1st. Not sure what you need? Check the USA Hockey Online Coaches Certification list for your CEP status.
Please Register at USA Hockey Coaching Clinics. CEP Levels 1, 2 and 3 clinics will typically post mid September.
If you have any questions, contact the WYHA Registrars at firstname.lastname@example.org